5 Reasons Why Valentine’s Day Can Be As Sweet As Conversation Hearts Candy
1. After Valentine’s Day sales. All that candy that hasn’t been purchased will soon be at least 50 percent off once Valentine’s Day is over. Not that I need to be eating candy, but if it’s super on sale I have a hard time resisting it.
2. Conversation hearts candy, just the white ones. Sorry, but I’m totally racist against conversation hearts. I mostly just like the white ones. Sure, I’ll eat the other colors if they’re around, but I’m not particularly fond of them. ….The other day I bought a bag of the fun little candies with the intentions of eating all of the white ones, eating some of the colored ones, sharing some, and making jewelry from some of the colored ones. Imagine my surprise and pure anger when I opened the bag to find ZERO white ones! Ugh! So heart breaking (haha, that’s punny)!
3. Valentine’s Day is a fantastic time to treat yourself! Have you been dreaming of a pair of snazzy black cowboy boots? Hey, me too! If you have the money saved for all your necessities, your emergency fund, your tithe, a donation to charity, and gifts for others, then go for it–buy those cowboy boots! (I’m waiting till they hopefully go on sale 😦 It’s tough being so practical & frugal at times.) Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to splurge (just a little bit, though) on something for yourself. Happy Valentine’s Day to you!
4. Thanks to Valentine’s Day, men (and women) everywhere are pressured to share their loving feelings. As mushy and over-commercialized as this special day has become, it is certainly a great time to tell someone what they really mean to you, whether it’s your significant other that you’re in love with or just a friend or family member that you love. In our hectic lives it’s easy to forget to show love and appreciation to those who deserve it, so it’s nice to have at least one day dedicated to love.
5. And, the most important reason ever: No matter who or if anyone on earth loves you, you always have the best love of all, God’s love. While it is certainly comforting to have an earthly love, God’s love and grace is all you’ll ever need.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Let me know any reasons why you like Valentine’s Day in the comment area below!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!